Universities integrating themselves with the latest technology to offer the best educational services is a new trend. But so far, a lot of universities have joined the race to become tech-savvy and that includes the University of Kelaniya. Well, if you are a student yourself, you must have already heard of the Ekel.kln.ac lk portal, which is an online window allowing access to course materials. Getting started is easy, but in case you do have some queries, check this article where every important detail has been discussed precisely:
About the University of Kelaniya
The University of Kelaniya was initially named Vidyalankara Pirivena and founded by Ratmalana Sri Dharmaloka Thero around 1875. The educational hub, at the time of its establishment, used to be a learning center for Buddhist monks. Gradually, the place became a center of knowledge and began enrolling interested students. Also, the new name i.e., Vidyalankara Pirivena was only given to it by 1959 when Sri Lanka was seeing a modernization of universities from the 1940s and 1950s. Then by 1978, it finally received the present-day name of ‘the University of Kelaniya’. Today, it is not only known for being an epitome of knowledge and historic events, but also because the institute is inclusive of courses found nowhere else. Take, for example, the Departments of Industrial Management and Microbiology, and the Departments of Linguistics, and Fine Arts, among others.
Courses available at the University of Kelaniya
The University of Kelaniya caters to a diverse range of subjects and includes diploma, postgraduate, and PhD courses. With that said, here are the specific subjects you can opt:
- Postgraduate diplomas: Regional Planning, Information Technology, Mathematics, Human Resource Management, Industrial and Business Management, Environmental Management
- Postgraduate degrees: M.A. in Linguistics, M.A. in Sinhala, M.A. in Drama and Theatre, M. S. Sc. in Mass Communication, M. S. Sc. in Sociology, M. S. Sc. in Geography, M. S. Sc. in History, M. S. Sc. in Philosophy, M. S. Sc. in Library Science, M. S. Sc. in Economics, M. S. Sc. in Political Science, MSc in Applied Microbiology, MSc in Food and Nutrition, MSc in Industrial and Environment Chemistry, MSc in Management and Information Technology, MSc in Aquaculture and Fisheries, Management, MSc in Biodiversity and Integrated Environmental Management, MSc in Computer Science, Master of Commerce, Master of Philosophy, Master of Business Management.
- PhD: Doctor of Philosophy, Doctor of Medicine.
Understanding what Ekel.kln.ac lk is about
Ekel.kln.ac lk is a web-based learning management system that belongs to the University of Kelaniya. So, any student and instructor who’s part of the university gets a personal profile of their own. Besides, such a portal aims to create a centralized platform for all academic activities. For example, under the same window, multiple things like course content delivery, assignment submissions, grading, feedback, etc takes place.
Why do you need Ekel.kln.ac lk?
With a centralized platform in place, students are now able to keep track of their course materials remotely. Likewise, instructors have a safe place to upload study materials and be assured that they won’t go missing. Then comes its lucrative features, including communication tools, assessments, progress tracking, attendance data records, notices and alerts, and so on.
- Communication Tools: The platform allows a seamless interaction between students and teachers, which particularly helps clear doubts or other academic confusion.
- Assessments And Progress Tracking: Students can always keep track of their progress and find areas that need improvement.
- Attendance Data Record: You can also check your attendance on the platform which gives a nice overview of the regularity of classes.
- Notice And Alerts: Students will receive the latest updates, notices, and alerts through this portal itself. Thus, staying updated on the latest University happenings has become easier.
Getting started with Ekel.kln.ac lk
Students and faculties won’t be able to register independently on Ekel.kln.ac lk. Instead, the admin will provide you with the necessary details once you become a member of the institute. And after you have the login password and username, here’s what you must do:
- Visit the login page, i.e., https://ekel.kln.ac.lk/.
- Click on the ‘login’ button and enter your valid username, followed by the password.
- Submit to access your dashboard.
How to resolve login issues on Ekel.kln.ac lk?
For both students and faculties to face login issues, is more common than you may think. But the good thing is that resolving any of it is possible and you don’t even need to be technologically skillful for that. So, here are the most common login interruptions and how you can resolve them with ease:
- Wrong entry: The number one reason why you might be facing a login error is because of an incorrect password or username. Therefore, double-check your entry and try attempting once again.
- Disabled account: Your Ekel. kln.ac lk might get disabled for some internal issue or has been intentionally done by the admin. Visit the office and inquire about the issue and get the formalities done ASAP.
- Week internet: Check if your internet connection is secure and fast. You can turn your flight mode off for better results.
- Search engine and outdated plugins: A lot of times, the problem rests with internal search engines and outdated plugins. Try restarting the app or device to solve the problem.
- Server issues: The problem might also be because of the server issues, which will resolve on its own. Just wait for a while and try again after some time.
Sri Lanka is home to some of the most renowned universities and Kelaniya University is one of them. The public university has so far hosted thousands of students, prepared them for life, and made them successful. Its motto when translated to English, says ‘Self-purification is by insight’, which is very evident among its alumni. Plus, the decades-old institute has now adopted a tech-savvy system by bringing Ekel.kln.ac lk in place.
FAQs About Ekel.kln.ac lk
Ans: Students can also access their profile from a mobile application and ditch the web version by simply installing the software from the Google Play Store or the App Store.
Ans: If you are facing login issues, check if the server is working fine or not. Otherwise, look for the password entry and search engine issues.
Ans: Yes, Ekel.kln.ac lk was designed to solely benefit the students and teachers of the university of Kelaniya. So, no other person will be allowed in it.
Ans: Students cannot register themselves independently as the admin takes care of it. That is, every student will be provided with their login credentials upon admission.
Ans: Ekel.kln.ac lk is important as the portal doubles the efficiency and workload of teachers, while students can organize their course materials and access them easily when desired.
Also read About: