St. Augustine University of Tanzania, a renowned institute in the country, has introduced Saut sims for the students. Through the same, the institution aims to streamline academic activities for both students and teachers. This system, leveraged with advanced technology, comes with several cool features that are designed to make things easier. With that said, here is more to the tech-savvy portal:
About Saut sims
Saut is short for St. Augustine University of Tanzania, while sims stands for Student Information Management System. As its name suggests, sims is an exclusive platform to access student information. It is designed, keeping in mind the teachers and students. So, while teachers can upload study materials of their respective subjects, students can access them and prepare for exams. Besides, this platform is built to undertake almost all kinds of academic work and general information, like student details.
Furthermore, the St. Augustine’s University of Tanzania (SAUT) provides a sims account to every student. It does not matter if you are a student of Bachelor’s, Diploma, Master’s, Certificate, Postgraduate or Postgraduate degrees. The admin provides an account for all concerned students.
Notable features of Saut sims
It has multiple features curated to benefit its students and teachers. Some of what stands out, are as follows:
- Result viewing: Students have the opportunity to view and download their scorecards from anywhere, by simply visiting the sims page. The dashboard contains several links to other important pages, including results. Click on it and enter the academic year and semester, followed by clicking on ‘view’.
- Timetable: The timetable tab contains the schedule of classes. Students can view the same and prepare beforehand according to it. In case the university is closed for the day, the timetable will show no subject or classes but be empty instead. You can again find the tab on the dashboard itself.
- Cloud: Teachers are able to store study materials for students to view only because of the cloud feature. Besides, the cloud makes it possible for students to submit assignments and store them safely.
- List of students per course: It also supports teachers viewing lists of students according to their course. This is particularly helpful to look after the volume of students in a class. In addition, the platform lets every faculty track students’ progress and pinpoint areas that need improvement.
- Payment: To make payments more optimized and easier, sims has a reliable gateway for transactions. Using the same, students can safely pay off their pending dues.
Log-inn procedure of Saut sims
As you enter the official login window of saut sims, you’ll see a couple of things. For example, space for username and password, ‘Remember me’ tab, and ‘Forgot your password?’ tab. To log in, you’ll have to enter your respective username and password and click log in. But before you press login, you can choode ‘remember me’ to keep your account login credentials saved. Then, the ‘Forgot your password?’ option is useful if you have misplaced or forgotten your password.
Changing Your Password through Saut Sims
- Start by accessing your dashboard, where the option to change the password is available under the account settings section.
- Type your current password to begin, followed by entering a new password.
- Finalize the same and that’s it.
What to do if you forget the Saut sims password?
Students and both teachers can retrieve their forgotten password easily using the “Forgot Password” feature. You can find the same on the login window, below the space for username and password entry. So, start by clicking on the concerned tab, after which a set of instructions will be forwarded to the linked email address. You’ll have to follow the given instructions to create a new password. For students who are unable to recover their passwords, the alternative way out is to contact the management of the university.
More on the St. Augustine University of Tanzania
St. Augustine University of Tanzania is based in the Mwanza region of Tanzania and is a privately owned institute. It was founded back in 1998 by the Catholic Bishops of Tanzania as a secular and nonprofit place for study. Initially, this place was established as the first Nyegezi Social Training Centre and transformed into Nyegezi Social Training Institute sometime after. Today, the institute has flourished to become one of the best and most renowned private universities in Tanzania.
Courses available at St. Augustine University of Tanzania
- Faculty of Social Science: Ph.D. in Mass Communication, Master of Arts in Mass Communication, Master of Arts in Sociology, Master of Arts in Mass Communication, Bachelor of Arts in Public Relations and Marketing, Bachelor of Arts in Sociology, Bachelor of Arts in Economics, Faculty of Business Administration.
- Postgraduate Diplomas in Accounting and Finance: Advanced Diploma in Procurement and Logistics Management, Advanced Diploma in Accountancy, Certificate in Health Administration, Certificate Course in Accountancy, Certificate Course in Logistics and Supply Chain Management, Bachelor of Business Administration, Bachelor of Science in Tourism and Hospitality Management, Bachelor of Science in Procurement and Supply Chain Management, Bachelor of Science in Procurement and Supply Chain Management.
- Faculty of Education: Master of Arts in Linguistics, Master’s degree in Higher Education Management and Development, Master of Arts in History, Master of Arts in Education Management and Planning, Bachelor of Arts with education.
- Faculty of Law: Master of Laws (LL.M), Bachelor of Laws (LL.B), Faculty of Engineering
- Structural engineering: Geotechnical engineering and Water resources engineering.
For universities to adopt a tech-savvy forum is not surprising, but important. Likewise, Saut Sims is a great initiative for students of St. Augustine University of Tanzania. It allows seamless operations and has no limits to what it can do. Be it in accessing study materials, paying due fees, tracking attendance, or viewing results – this forum is trying to revamp everything. One obvious thing for teachers and students to have happened is doubled convenience.
FAQs About Saut Sims
Ans: Saut Sims is designed for the students and teachers of St. Augustine University of Tanzania. So, if you are a part of the institute as a student or mentor, you can use it as well.
Ans: Yes, Saut sims is provided to every student, regardless of their course. In addition to that, every faculty gets their account as well irrespective of the subject they teach.
Ans: Some of the best features of SAUT sims include Result viewing, Timetable, Cloud, List of students per course, Payment configuration, and so on.
Ans: Yes, sims is a safe place for students to can pay off their due fees without having to fear any online threats. The payment window is secured and facilitates swift transaction.
Ans: There are different reasons why your sims account might not be working. For example, account suspension, cache interference, internet issues, server issues, etc.
Also read About: